4/27/09

How to Arrange Folders on Your Computer



files and folder arrangement


The first principle that lead to success is your business arrange and safety.

How to Organize Your Business and keep it safe is one of the first things to think about if you’re starting a home based business.

Don’t make the same mistakes I made early when I started working online….


Tips On How To Arrange Your Files and Folders To Save Time And Money 


- Scan your email messages: The email scan is a must; always scan downloaded files before you open them. One of the reasons we recommend this is because you may get a virus emailed to you.

Read thise "Tips for Spyware, Adware and Viruses Detection, Removal and Prevention"

- Create folders to save your valuable email messages: I lost valuable ebooks, softwares, emails and some other useful information just because I didn't create folders to save and organize my emails.

I was storing my emails in my inbox. As an idiot, when cleaning my email from junk messages I delete accidentally (without knowing the true value of what I’m deleting) valuable information. Or, I spend important time just because I can’t locate a message when I need it.

- Save your downloads files in a special folder: I call mine "downloads", inside this main folder I created subfolders for each general type, one for my ebooks, one for my articles, one for my softwares and so on. Also I created sub-sub folders for each category.

As soon as you receive a gift or you buy any thing….

1) Don't forget to save it in its designed sub-sub folder for easy reference.

2) Open your downloaded files read them or check them out, and apply what fits your business immediately.

3) Don't let anything for tomorrow, do it today.

4) Create a folder in your email program and name it for example “email marketing ecourse”. Filter, or move every ecourse you receive to the same folder.

5) Create a google drive account to save save all your files and folders


Needed Tools For Your Business Success



Make sure to download or update these tools... 

To read files in PDF format, please ensure you have the latest version of Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. You can find it at the Adobe site:

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html 

You need also to use an unzipping program to extract zipped files. If you don't have one, you can pick one up here:

Windows users need WinZip -- free trial

Mac users need Stuffit Expander (v5.5 or greater) -- free software


Next Lesson:

Tips for Spyware, Adware and Viruses Detection, Removal and Prevention


3 comments:

  1. Site like this should be bookmark to your computer for it reminds us at a time we forget things to do during our busy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha some great tips here thanks Gley. I am still trying to organize my folders and files as I made the same mistakes as many do when coming on-line for work. A lack of organizational skill with Folders files and downloads lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,

    Thank you for your comment.

    Most of us if I don't say all of us rush to get his/her website online to start making money as soon as possible and forget about organisation planning time management and other important tasks that can adversely affect our businesses performance.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media Marketing Courses Online

The 4th and Final LIVE #SiteSell's Social Media Marketing Courses Online  Presents Event Featuring David Amerland, Martin Shervingto...